Nissan Skyline Specs
(R32, R33, R34, R35 GTR)
The launch of the Nissan Skyline GTR lives up to all the hype of an ultimate supercar that is street legal. With 480 horses of twin-turbo charged power on tap, it is clear why many have signed up months in advance to be able to purchase one of these babies. The Skyline R35 GTR is the first of the series to be brought overseas to the states, unlike the R32, R33 and R34 GTR models that seemed to make it everywhere else but here. Below are the detailed specs on the Skyline engines.
Specifications for the VR38DETT
(Found on the Nissan Skyline R35 GTR)
- VR38DETT twin-turbocharged 3.8-liter V6.
- 480 hp @ 6,800 rpm. 430 lb-ft torque @ 3,200 - 5,200 rpm.
- Dual overhead camshafts with variable intake-valve timing.
- Cast aluminum cylinder block with high-endurance/low-friction plasma-sprayed bores.
- IHI twin turbochargers, one per cylinder bank.
- Pressurized lubrication system with thermostatically controlled cooling.
R35 GTR Drivetrain
- ATTESA ET-S All-Wheel Drive (AWD) with independent rear-mounted transaxle integrating transmission, differential and AWD transfer case.
- Rigid, lightweight carbon-composite driveshaft between engine and transaxle.
- Electronic traction control plus 1.5-way mechanically locking rear differential.
- Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC-R) with three driver-selectable settings: Normal (for daily driving, controls brakes and engine output), R-Mode (for ultimate performance, utilizes AWD torque distribution for additional vehicle stability) and Off (driver does not want the help of the system).
- Hill Start Assist prevents rollback when starting on an incline. DisclaimerVDC-R cannot prevent accidents due to abrupt steering, carelessness, or dangerous driving techniques. Always drive safely.
R35 GTR Transmission
- 6-speed Dual Clutch Transmission with three driver-selectable modes: Normal (for maximum smoothness and efficiency), Snow (for gentler starting and shifting on slippery surfaces), and R mode (for maximum performance with fastest shifts).
- Fully automatic shifting or full sequential manual control via gearshift or steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters.
- Dual clutch design changes gears in less than 0.5 second (0.2 second in R mode).
- Downshift Rev Matching (DRM).
- Predictive pre-shift control (in R mode) based on throttle position, vehicle speed, braking and other information.
Wheels and Tires
- 20 x 9.5" (front) and 20 x 10.5" (rear) super-lightweight forged-aluminum wheels with Gunmetal Gray finish.
- Exclusively developed nitrogen-filled Bridgestone RE070A high-capacity run-flat summer tires, 255/40R20 front and 285/35R20 rear.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).
- Optional exclusively developed nitrogen-filled Dunlop run-flat all-season tires, 255/40R20 front and 285/35R20 rear (includes Bright Silver wheels).
- Brembo 4-wheel disc brakes with 4-wheel Antilock Braking System (ABS), Brake Assist, Electronic Brakeforce Distribution and Preview Braking.
- Two-piece floating-rotor 15-inch front and rear discs with diamond-pattern internal ventilation.
- 6-piston front/4-piston rear monoblock calipers.
- Rack-and-pinion steering with vehicle-speed-sensitive power assist.
- 2.6 steering-wheel turns lock-to-lock.
- 4-wheel independent suspension with Bilstein DampTronic system with three driver-selectable modes: Normal/Sport (for automatic electronic control of damping), Comfort (for maximum ride comfort), and R mode (engages maximum damping rate for high-performance cornering).
- Electronically controlled variable-rate shock absorbers. High-accuracy progressive-rate coil springs.
- Front double-wishbone/rear multi-link configuration with aluminum members and rigid aluminum subframes.
- Hollow front and rear stabilizer bars.
- Exclusive Premium Midship platform with jig-welded hybrid unibody.
- Aluminum hood, trunk and door skins. Die-cast aluminum door structures.
- Carbon-reinforced front crossmember/radiator support.
- Wide-beam headlights with High Intensity Discharge (HID) low beams.
- LED taillights and brake lights.
- Dual heated power mirrors.
- Flush-mounted aluminum door handles.
- Body-color rear spoiler with integrated center high-mounted stop light.
- UV-reducing tinted glass. Audio/Navigation/Performance Monitor
- Digital Bose audio system with AM/FM/in-dash 6-CD changer and 11 speakers including dual subwoofers.
- HDD Music Box system, including hard drive with 9.4 GB for audio storage.
- MP3, WMA and DVD audio capable. In-dash Compact Flash card reader.
- HDD-based GPS navigation with touch screen.
- Driver-configurable performance monitor, developed with Sony Polyphony, with graphical readouts of vehicle data and driving data displayed on a total of 11 screens.
- 7-inch WVGA high-resolution color-LCD display for audio, navigation and performance monitor.
- Automatic Temperature Control (ATC).
- Electronic analog instrument cluster with multi-function trip computer and digital gear indicator.
- Power front windows with one-touch auto-up/down feature.
- Intelligent Key system with pushbutton start. Power door locks.
- Cruise control.
- Tilt/telescoping steering column.
- Bluetooth Hands-free phone system with voice recognition. Seating/Appointments
- Leather upholstered front seats with perforated Alcantara inserts.
- 8-way power front seats with entry/exit switch for rear-seat passengers.
- Driver-shaped bucket seat.
- Dual individual rear seats.
- Heated front seats.
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob.
- Drilled aluminum pedals. Safety/Security
- Nissan Advanced Air Bag System (AABS) with dual-stage supplemental front air bags, seat belt sensors and occupant-classification sensor.
- Driver and front-passenger side-impact supplemental air bags and roof-mounted curtain supplemental air bags.
- Front seat belts with pretensioners and load limiters.
- Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System.
- Vehicle Security System.
Click here to view our Nissan Skyline Parts!
SR20DET Specs | AE86 Specs | RB26DETT Specs | Rotary Specs | Nissan Skyline Specs
SR20DET Wiring Guide | Drifting Techniques | Drift Cars | History of Drifting | SR20DET Parts | SR20DET Installation | Popular Drifting Techniques | SR20DET Shops