HKS has created an affordable boost controller with the reliability and ease of use HKS electronics are known for. Called the EVC-S, it has many of the same features of the more expensive HKS EVC 6 but within a display similar to HKS Turbo Timers.
The EVC-S features a solenoid valve specifically designed to accurately control boost pressure up to 250kPa or 36 PSI, 2 boost level settings as well as settings for offset and boost response.
Also included are:
- Overboost warning with drop boost feature
- Peak hold boost readings
- After-image display
- Data lock and an internal diagnostic function
- Designed to be compatible with both internal and external waste gates, the EVC-S also complements the current HKS Turbo Timers and AF Knock Amp.
- Display unit is the same design concept as the latest HKS electronic products and is selectable from kPa to PSI
- Factory boost function when power is off
- 2 control modes (A/B mode)
- Basic parameters Offset, Response
- Control range of solenoid duty output = 0 - 100%
- Diagnosis function for malfunction of boost sensor, solenoid valve or wiring connection